Monday, October 5, 2009

uncertainty


How do you make a decision between two uncertainties?


I think my answer to that question is different now than it used to be even a few years ago. I’m figuring out that my answer to a lot of things now is different than the recent past. Age, hormones (or lack of), experience, circumstance, evolution all probably contribute. Some events have changed me forever and I keep trying to figure out who I am now, why do I react this way instead of the usual that way? And sometimes I have flashbacks of the person I've been the last four decades. Is this what middle agedness looks like?


I’m trying to embrace the uncertainty in life. Because there is so much uncertainty, and getting my arms around it might help.


Maybe…


I'm not sure.


1 comment:

alex dumas said...

I wish I could take hormones out of my decisions.